This beautiful homestead offers the perfect place to escape city life, with plenty of space for the whole family to enjoy. Sprawling over 6.62 acres, 392 Mitchell Highway represents everything you could possibly need to live a comfortable country lifestyle. Seclusion and privacy top the list when it comes to this lovely five-bedroom Federation home, historically and currently known as “Yarras”.
Part of the original “Gobolion” Freehold Estate built in circa late 1800s by the well-known J.A. Gardiner, this home features ornate brickwork and time honouring aspects to give this architectural masterpiece a sense of heritage, strength and solidity.
“Yarras” features classic 12 foot ceilings, period archways, timber features, polished timber floors plus impressive French doors that open from most rooms onto the wide wrap around verandah, creating a feeling of calm with open space and greenery from every position in the home.
You will fall in love with the elegant surroundings from the minute you drive down the private tree-lined driveway and venture out into the expansive luscious gardens that also feature amazingly preserved convict bricks beautifully laid around the entranceways.
Property features include:
• Four large sized bedrooms enjoying polished floorboards, period features and fireplaces
• Renovated open plan country style eat-in kitchen and dining featuring stone benchtops and island bench, loads of storage, air-conditioner, built-in wall oven with separate stovetop and rangehood.
• Exquisite long hallways
• Formal loungeroom overlooking the side verandah and gardens with polished floors and period open fireplace.
• Separate family/sitting room having built in book case and slow combustion wood fire.
• Renovated modern all-in-one family bathroom providing marble vanity, combined shower/bathtub and toilet.
• Large laundry with ample storage, extra toilet and shower
• Granny flat located at the rear with its own loft, kitchenette, loungeroom and 2nd bedroom or office.
• Breath taking courtyard/entertaining area surrounded by the expansive gardens and trees
Additional features include:
• Wongarbon bricks – being one of only two properties in the area to feature these
• Enclosed four bay garage with power and lighting
• Two carports
• Electrically equipped bore that services the house grounds and stock in adjoining paddock.
• 90,800 litre rainwater storage with pump
• Original detached milk separator room
• Separate fenced stock yard.
• Garden shed
Inspection of “Yarras” is truly a must to appreciate the history, peacefulness and tranquillity that it has to offer.
The Vendor welcomes offers prior to Auction & Inspections are invited with the exclusive agent
Rebecca Harding with a true promise this property will impress.
Book your inspection today
PRICE: On Site Auction if not sold prior
INSPECTION: By appointment or video call only
CONTACT: Rebecca Harding 0457517444
Disclaimer: Images reflect properties at the time when the photos were taken or in some cases at an earlier point to accommodate the privacy of the tenant or owner.
Seasonal changes & maintenance can affect the current presentation and prospective purchasers are urged to use them as a guide only.