A full list of our available rentals can be found at http://petermilling.com.au/dubbo-rentals/
2016 Emergency Tradesmen List – please read below.
As outlined by Fair Trading urgent repairs means any work needed to repair any of the following:
– a burst water service / serious water service leak.
– a blocked or broken toilet.
– a serious roof leak.
– a gas leak.
– a dangerous electrical fault.
– flooding or serious flood damage.
– serious storm or fire damage.
– a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises.
– a failure or breakdown of the hot water service.
– a failure or breakdown of the stove or oven.
– a failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner.
– a fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure.
“If urgent repairs are needed you should notify the agent right away. The agent must arrange for the repairs to be done as soon as possible. If you cannot reach them (on both the business phone and after hours mobile), check your tenancy agreement for the details of a nominated tradesperson to contact.
However, you must be able to show that:
– the need for the urgent repair was not your fault.
– you contacted the agent about the problem or made a reasonable attempt to do so.
– you gave the agent a reasonable opportunity to get the repairs done.
– the repairs were carried out by a licensed tradesperson (if appropriate).
You must give the landlord written notice setting out the details of the repair and copies of all receipts.”